November 1, 2016
Here is information from the Facebook page of United American Indians of New England (UAINE) about how to support #NoDAPL to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline.
- Go to North Dakota if you can! Water protectors, lawyers, builders, workers and non-complainers are needed. Study and prepare first!
- Here’s a list of various ways you can donate and support: tinyurl.com/zvxvlnv/.
- Also please donate to the Mni Wiconi school at the camps, doing a great job working with the children and youth: youcaring.com/mn-wi-h-ni-nak-i-i-ow-yawa-675427/.
- Don’t do business with TD Bank, Citigroup, Mizuho or other banks funding the Dakota Access Pipeline: nodaplsolidarity.org/targets/.
- Help spread the word, since the corporate media have mostly not covered the story, and much of what they have done has been biased. On social media, look for the hashtag #NoDAPL to get updates.
- Take action locally. Support anti-fracking and anti-pipeline struggles locally. Support Indigenous struggles locally. Get your organizations, labor unions or other groups to support and take action.
- Demand that politicians take a stand and commit to canceling the project and support the Water Protectors at Standing Rock. Call President Barack Obama 9-5 EST at 202-456-1111 and demand that the federal government cancel the Dakota Access Pipeline project in all areas where it is being constructed.
• Join with others taking action at events and campaign offices. Raise awareness in every possible way.