May 1 Coalition Stop ICE Raids NOW! Campaign
TELL HOMELAND SECURITY SECRETARY CHERTOFF, BUSH AND CONGRESS: STOP THE ICE RAIDS NOW!
Please join the MAY 1 COALITION's online campaign to STOP THE ICE RAIDS NOW!
YOUR EMERGENCY ACTION IS NEEDED NOW! Click HERE to Fill in Online Form
Tell Secretary Chertoff:
This Valentine's Day, Give the Gift of Love to the Children. STOP THE RAIDS!
As a country that claims to defend human rights in the U.S. and around the world and to value the integrity of the family, our government should:
We have to speak up because if it were happening to us we would want others to speak out
- Ensure the human rights of all people and that immigrant families are not broken apart
- Stop breaking the civil rights of immigrants to enforce immigration laws
- No one should be awakened by armed squads bursting into their homes in the dead of night with shotguns and automatic weapons drawn taking away parents and relatives leaving children alone.
- No child should be abandoned because ICE took their parent while at work
- Let local authorities enforce local criminal laws
|Left without her father as he was taken away in the raids on September 24 in Long Island. Crying and hugging her father begging immigration police: "Do not brake the arm of my father, do not take him away." She still asks her mother when her father will come back.|
Diga a Michael Chertoff, Secretario de Seguridad Nacional:
Este Dia Del Amor y la Amistad, Dele un regalo de amor a los ninos
Pare las Redadas contra los Inmigrantes
Como un pais que promueve y defiende los direchos humanos en los Estados Unidos y en todo el mundo, y que valora la integridad de la familia, nuestro govierno deba:
Tenemos que hablar, porque si nos pasara a nosotros, nos gustaria que otros hablaran tambien
- Asegurar los Derechos Humanos de nuestro pueblo, y que las familias inmigrantes no sean separadas
- Parar la violacion de los derechos civiles, para enforzar las leyes de inmigracion
- Dejar que las autoridades locales enforcen las leyes criminales
- A nadie se le deberia interrumpir sus horas de sueno por escuadrones armados entrando violentamente en la obscuridad de la madrugada, portando y apuntando armas de fuego y asalto, para llevarse a familiares y padres de muchos ninos, sin importar que estos quedan solos
- Ningun nino deberia quedar en el abandono porque inmigracion se llevo a sus padres mientras trabajaban.
Para mas informacion sobre la campana "Alto a las radadas", contact: May 1 Coalition www.may1.info / www.1mayo.info
Click here to download flyer in Spanish and English with a hardcopy petition for gathering signatures
For more information, go to www.may1.info or www.1mayo.info
Complete the following easy steps:
- Step 1: Enter your contact/signature
- Step 2: Edit/tailor our sample letter to send, and
- Step 3: Send the message!
Sample Text (you will be able to edit it in step 2):
To: Michael Chertoff, Chief, Homeland Security
cc: President Bush, Congressional leaders, and members of the media
Dear Michael Chertoff, Chief, Homeland Security
We ask you in the name of decency to stop the ICE raids in the homes and workplaces of the immigrant community. No family should have to endure armed squads bursting into their homes with shotguns and automatic weapons drawn. One's home should be a place of security and peace. Children should not be left alone or have to lose their parents through raids at their work, resulting in depression, traumatic stress disorder and separation anxiety. Children should live with love and joy. This is what America stands for.
This Valentine's Day, have a heart and STOP THE RAIDS!
(Your signature will be appended here based on the contact information you
enter to the
|Step 1: Enter your contact/signature information:
posted February 13, 2008
Stop the ICE Raids! Campaign
Sponsored by: May 1 Coalition
www.may1.info / www.1mayo.info
For further information call: (646) 291-2778 or (212) 633-6646